• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• keithlaser

• chulse

• SteveK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This came in handy again today for both exporting a large number of coordinates from AutoCad, although more so for inserting blocks onto those points also (as point extraction I can get from other programs also). :D

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Lee,

Great program.

Could you tell me if is possible close txt file and not append txt file (output) after ok dialog?

for example I generate a output file.txt file.I run again to same file file.txt, datas in file txt is append.

Sorry for my English.

Great program.

Thanks ctoshio, I'm glad you like it.

Could you tell me if is possible close txt file and not append txt file (output) after ok dialog?

for example I generate a output file.txt file.I run again to same file file.txt, datas in file txt is append.

I haven't worked on this program for almost two years and consequently the code is in dire need of a rewrite; however, to alter the file output to overwrite an existing file, change:

Line 1451, Column 59:

(open (cadr IO) "a")

To:

(open (cadr IO) "w")

PS. Your English is pretty good :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...

Hi Lee,

first, many thanks for the Ptm. It works very fine for me!

But I have one suggestion for a new general function:

Is it possible to separate imported points/blocks etc to different layers? Seperation-criteria should be an selectable attribute from the Input File.

This gives me the opportunity to distinguish the survey data by pointcode.

Many thanks!

Hi loneship,

Welcome to CADTutor and thank you for your suggestion.

I haven't worked on this program for quite a few years now and so I would likely rewrite the entire program before adding new features to the existing code. To provide you with a quick workaround, I would suggest separating your file into separate files for each layer, then running my Point Manager multiple times to create the points for each layer.

Lee

Thanks for the workaround.

In any case it's much faster to import points than ever it was before!

I see the program is already fully developed, but I hope for a new version :-)

CU Jens

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Coordinates of mesh entity are stored under DXF10 entity data... They are always in WCS, so you only need to obtain this info and write it to txt or csv using (write-line) function...

• 10 months later...
hi lee, sir

i need help when i write attribute block xyz from csv file

point numbers x y z des it is reverse

Is the 'Point Format' option (lower-right of the dialog) set to XYZ?

Hi Lee, every time I see I want a point input program a bit different they all seem to be heading in the same direction as Field survey reduction, a built in function of CIV3D etc.

assigns pts to layers & join lines together of similar code

add blocks to points on particular layers

set points contourable or not

Basicly its the reducing of data via a library matching system. There are generally two types number or Alphanumeric 01203 = 01EB = EB points only say a tree 00TR 00256 or TR3. This method has been around for years.

A simple way to look at it is to do a double sort on a pts list in excel sort on code 1st then pt number so you end with

1,123,123,123,01EB

2,124,124,122,01EB

32,125,125,125,01EB

33,126,126,125,02EB

34,127,127,127,02EB

Note pt 32 does not join to 33 as code is different but 33-34 join now.

A library would have the code control EB is layer name "Edge Bitumen" color linetype etc. The first two characters are sting control join like number strings a 00 means a point so attach a block. NOTE you can have as many 01 strings as you like 01EB 01CL it just means join all EB with string number 01 together.

Its what I call spagetti get it wrong and thats what it looks like.

In ending, Lee if you have any idea on how to do the double sort thats 90% of the problem solved.

I am happy to supply data and finished dwg's, no will not send the 30,000 plus jobs let me know.

Is it possible to read coordinates and label from a CSV

and put points + label for the points.

i.e :

x y z label

10 20 30 tuglu

it will put a point to 10,20,30 and add tuglu text nearby. ??

It would be really useful for me

WOW Lee, didn't know that you had such gems. I need to investigate a bit more...(and if my MicroStation work wasn't piled so high, I'd have more time for AutoCAD/AutoLisp)

• 8 months later...