Point Manager

Lee Mac

Currently, the user can:

• Insert a Block at all Points from a File (txt/csv)

• Insert a Point at all Points from a File (txt/csv)

• Create a LW/3D Polyline from all Points in a File (txt/csv)

• Insert a Point at all vertices on all/Selected LW/3D Polylines in a drawing

• Insert a Block at all/selected Points in a drawing

• Export all/selected Points in a drawing to a File (txt/csv)

• Create a LW/3D Polyline from all/Selected Points in a drawing

• Insert a Block at all vertices of a LW/3D Polyline

• Export all Vertices of a LW/3D Polyline to a File (txt/csv)

• Create a LW/3D Polyline from all/selected LW/3D Polylines

• Export all insertions of a Block to a File (txt/csv).

• Insert a Point at all instances of a Block

• Create a LW/3D Polyline at all insertions of a Block

>

Preview:

Point Manager V2.2.png

Point Format Dialog:

Point Manager Format.png

Object Options Dialog:

Point Manager Obj Opt.png

Function Syntax: PtManager / PtM

As always, comments, suggestions and criticism are welcome :)

Enjoy!

Lee

--=={ Code Updated to Version 2.4 }==--

Code available here.

Edited by Lee Mac

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• keithlaser

• chulse

• SteveK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Lee, it's a good idea for a universal program. Just a small query, I like how you make the dcl within the lisp like you did with tabsort, is it possible though to write the dcl to the same directory as the lisp is in and run it from there? I understand it might not be a support path, but what if you provide the whole directory in which you'll know from the lisp?

Gile, wish I understood french, I can make it out though. Are the french autolisp forums as active (more active?) as the english ones?

Hi Lee, it's a good idea for a universal program. Just a small query, I like how you make the dcl within the lisp like you did with tabsort, is it possible though to write the dcl to the same directory as the lisp is in and run it from there? I understand it might not be a support path, but what if you provide the whole directory in which you'll know from the lisp?

Thanks Steve - nice idea about the filepath to which the DCL is written, I shall look into that :)

EDIT; with regards to the DCL writing - I would think that the user would have to place the LISP in the search path (but I could be wrong).

No I think you're right. It's been so long since my last dcl creation I just thought I'd throw it up. I know in tabsort you had a command to delete the dcl file, but it still would be nice to have it somewhere easier, to get to should one want to, or stumble across should one forget about it. That said if it's not in the same folder as the lisp I guess it only leaves you with a standard support path.

Well, if the LISP is in the support path, then I could write the DCL to the same path - but if the LISP is loaded from elsewhere, I'm not sure I have the knowledge to determine the filepath of such... :geek:

Good point! I was thinking the location of the lisp was a given, but that's just the location of the drawing, and we wouldn't want the dcl put there. Hmm, there is no way of knowing the location of the lisp file that's not in a support path is there...

Sorry Lee, I've just filled your new thread with a whole lot of pointless dialogue, your current method is best.

Good point! I was thinking the location of the lisp was a given, but that's just the location of the drawing, and we wouldn't want the dcl put there. Hmm, there is no way of knowing the location of the lisp file that's not in a support path is there...

Sorry Lee, I've just filled your new thread with a whole lot of pointless dialogue, your current method is best.

No worries Steve... better that we discuss possible improvements should we come up with something better :)

Hi..Mr Lee its a nice program..what if u can add a Geographic position "Lat/Long." the format should be notepad or csv 1 123º44'56.87" 8º03'44.23" oliver

Hi..Mr Lee its a nice program..what if u can add a Geographic position "Lat/Long." the format should be notepad or csv 1 123º44'56.87" 8º03'44.23" oliver

Thanks Oliver, but I think you will find your answer in this thread...

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42970

I have updated the first post to Version 1.4, this version provides the user with the ability to select a Data Delimiter when reading from/writing to files.

Enjoy!

Lee

I have autocad 2009 MEP and Trimble lm80 desktop. This lm80 software is for a Total station it uses text files or csv to load its points and has a converter if the scale is wrong. Can this ptmanager program help me convert CAD points to a text file that my surveying program will take correctly. LM80 uses a northing and easting tab or comma files work.

Your program caught my eye because right now I can only pic points in 2d on the lm80 but if I pick them in autocad right off a 3d object and export to text I can load them on my lm80 with a elevation.:D

Hi Keith,

Currently, my program can export 3D ACAD points to a txt/csv file, with a choice of delimiters, but will export it in the format:

x,y,z

From your post, I understand you need:

y,x,z

Would this be correct?

Following a bug report from over at theSwamp I have updated the code to Version 1.5.

I have renamed the "2D Polyline" to "LW Polyline" to avoid any confusion with the heavy 2D polyline.

Lee

Thanks for the info, I loaded your lisp file and its awsome! The only problems I'm trying to fix are the text files of points in xyz need to be scaled down 12times to match up with my Northing easting points. Is there any way to convert these all at once as a file with out dividing each number by 12, one at a time.

I'm glad to have anything at all that I can pick points 3d.

I'm new with autocad only been drawing one year maybe I'm missing somthing, can I scale down my DWG 12 times before I run PtManager.

If you can change the program I need yxz but scaled down 12 times

thanks

Keith

Thanks for the info, I loaded your lisp file and its awsome! The only problems I'm trying to fix are the text files of points in xyz need to be scaled down 12times to match up with my Northing easting points. Is there any way to convert these all at once as a file with out dividing each number by 12, one at a time.

I'm glad to have anything at all that I can pick points 3d.

I'm new with autocad only been drawing one year maybe I'm missing somthing, can I scale down my DWG 12 times before I run PtManager.

If you can change the program I need yxz but scaled down 12 times

thanks

Keith

Just scale the objects.

Thanks Keith -

I do have a few other ideas for the program - but I do want to keep it as generic as possible, so the scaling might have to be left out.

As for the yxz over xyz, you could just export to a CSV and then its a doddle to just switch the columns :)