Set up printer/plotter w/out Wizard? How?

cismontguy

Hello, I recently installed AutoCAD 2005 on my HP laptop running Vista. (I know, not good...) The program seems to work OK, but the Plotter Set Up Wizard does not work at all!

Every time I try and set up one of my printers that are on the Laptop, the Wizard crashes and closes with an error message.

Is it possible to set up a printer/plotter without using the Wizard? I tried to find something on the Forum but had not luck.

Thank you,

Cismontguy

I am not sure what you mean? The printers I have and use work fine on every other program when they are connected to my laptop. The Plotter Wizard even sees them when you first go to the set up a new plotter screen but as soon as you highlight a printer/plotter I get the error message:

"A problem has caused Add A Plotter Wizard to close unexpectedly. Autodesk apologizes for any inconvenience"

And it shuts down. Boom!

As I said above, the drivers for the printers and plotter that I own, are already on the computer and recognized by windows Vista just fine.

The problem is I can not get a printer or plotter loaded into the Plotter Wizard because the Wizard closes every time I try and set AutoCAD 2005 to use the printer I want.

Cismontguy