help plot my drawing in 1:100 scale!!!

shidotoruki

i draw my drawing in meter unit (1drawing=1meter)!! how do plot this in a 20"x30" paper size!!!

kind post the step by step procedure!!!

i'll also attach the file!!

thanks!!!

need in my school project (autocad 2008 ) asap!!!

You'd get more responses if you explain what the problem is, where are you getting stuck with the plotting?

What confuses me is that you are drawing in meters, but say the paper-size in inches...

I can give you a start, find the Page Setup Manager (right-click on your Layout-tab, or under File) and set up your paper like it should be printed.

ahhm sorry for the exclamation! an i'm not shouting. i read the link and i think that the one i'm doing now., the only prob now is the scale anotation,. i use the 10:1 and i dont know if its correct., so that my drawing become 1:100 when print.,,

just like i said i draw in 1drawingUnit=1meter unit (ex. i need to draw 3m, and i put 3drawing unit in the model..,,

thanks alot to all that help me..,

sorry if my english is poor..,, ^_^

viewpoint/viewport scale is available in a small box just above and slightly right of the command bar ( in your page view tab ) (im guessing), you may also need to select the scale from one of the menus but im not certain as to which one as i dont currently have autocad infront of me. sorry x

• 11 years later...

i draw it in 1:1 anotation my unit is meter and i want to plot it in a 20"x30" (502mmX762mm) paper with a scale of 1:100.

can someone help me with this? :D

On 4/22/2021 at 3:39 PM, ren said:

i draw it in 1:1 anotation my unit is meter and i want to plot it in a 20"x30" (502mmX762mm) paper with a scale of 1:100.

•  

Look at the links in the answers above?

On 4/22/2021 at 10:39 AM, ren said:

Do some research on viewports, paper space, and scales. You will use that information on a regular basis when working with AutoCAD.

If you go to a paper space layout and create a viewport with the proper scale, your model will fit on the paper. In a metric drawing, you'll probably have a 1:100 scale already available.

What is not always clear is that AutoCAD was programmed for millimetres when using metric, and therefore when using metres as the drawing unit, there is a factor of 1000 to be accounted for when plotting.

Your viewport scale should be 10 if you want to plot metres at a scale of 1 to 100.

Put a scale bar in the drawing so you can physically check with a scale rule when it is printed. But do remember when printing the PDF to go to Page Sizing & Handling and set it to 'Actual Size' rather than the default 'Fit'

Open the Viewports toolbar it has a current scale indicator so can tell straight away, as your metric its real helpful, go into a viewport zoom etc, will see a number appear in the toolbar type 10 in that box that is 1:100 it is found by 1000/scale so 1000/100 = 10 1000/250 = 4 

image.png.9d0106cc05732ead69718c5f03c2afb7.png

image.png.e0978172c527ec2f4348b66087b6dea3.png

Edited by BIGAL