Importing from Acad 2006 to Sketchup

td88

Not sure if this belongs in the Sketchup forum or Acad. Let me know.

I've brought an Autocad 2010 dwg. of a large comml. floor plan from work to home to model in Sketchup. When I copied to my flash drive I saved the 2010 as a 2004 file, because I have Acad LT 2006, at home.

I wish to model the lobby only. I've copied the lobby to another part of the drawing and erased the larger plan and saved and purged and zoomed extents, after erasing. I've edited the lobby plan of all extraneous lines and saved and purged and zoomed extents. When I zoom extents the lobby plan is the only thing in the drawing. When I import to SU, I get all of the original drawing, which was erased and purged. Why is this happening? Can't seem to get rid of it.

Thanks,

Tim

I may have gotten to the bottom of this. When I was editing the original Acad dwg., rather than erase huge amounts of entities, for some layers, I froze that particular layer. When I zoomed extents, after editing, the area I had selected was the only image displayed, although the frozen layers still existed.

When importing into SU, I'm guessing, all current layers, including frozen ones, are imported and displayed. I tried a test import and this seems to work. Make sense to anyone? This is new territory to me.

• 2 weeks later...