Control Word with visual lisp

Montinho

Hi Bigal.

Thanks for your tip.

The texts I intend to transfer to word are extracted from autocad entities lists, i.e. (-3 (NEWDATA (1000 . F. 0001-5))) and (-3 (NEWDATA (1000 . F. 0002-10)))

So, in MS Word report I will have

Code Thick

F. 0001 5

F. 0002 10

Thats why I cant't solve it with copy and paste.

Thanks for your help.

If you are already pulling the values out just make a mtext use copyclip, erase last then just have word open and paste. You should be able to do this paste automatically into word.

Had another look.

Find this in fixo code (write_to_end wrdapp "Now it is the last line in the document" ) you should be able to have a string value here say newTEXT = "F001 5" (write_to_end wrdapp newTEXT)

I had a play with the fixo code and it took a little bit of trial and error as I have a newer version of word but it worked I was able to add lines of text that I entered (setq ans "Bigal was here")

It needs to be looked at carefully as it closes the doc so you dont see what is happening, the other thing is you need to do like a regen in Word (vlax-put-property wrdapp 'ScreenUpdating :vlax-true) or you wont see it. So baiscaly its about using the relevant parts of the code.

; writes 3 lines at end note the \n for new line
; else it will put all on 1 line
(repeat (setq x 4)
(write_to_end wrdapp (strcat "\nThis is line " (rtos (setq x (- x 1)) 2 0))) 
)

Can you provide more detail about what it is your pulling the values from or the code your using.

Ps has anyone heard any more about Fixo ?

Bigal,

I will try this.

Would anyone know something about the vlips functions to set margins on word document?

Thanks once more for your help.

Bigal,

these are the information I need transfer from Autocad to MS Word:

(-3 (NEWDATA (1000 . F. 0001-5))), (-3 (NEWDATA (1000 . F. 0002-10))), (-3 (NEWDATA (1000 . F. 0003-15))) , (-3 (NEWDATA (1000 . F. 0004-20)))

From these lists I extracted the informations:

F. 0001, F. 0002, F. 0003, F. 0004 to write under column "Código" (code in english).

5, 10, 15, 20 to write under column "Espessura" (thickness in english), as you can see in one line of my report below. I have used tabs.

And I thank the Fixo codes where I found the skills to do it.

I have almost suceed in my job. The only thing I still need is to set margins to the document, and justify tab columns to the center, to improve formatting.

But, I would like to know a lot more about this matter. So I would like to discover a book, or e-book where I could find deep information about controlling Word

an Excel by vlisp.

LCdjOiiioTgAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Has anyone heard about Fixo?

Fixo, could you help me about functions to set tabs distance in MS Word?

Thanks for any help.

I was enquiring as to the health of Fixo, who we have not heard from for some time.

You need to do some Word training or at least use macro record this will write VBA code, you just go to the macro option and open for edit.

• 3 years later...

Image is simplest can open in paint etc and clip if required then just paste into word.

A table is an object in word and theoretically you could read a Autocad table and recreate in Word but just no demand unlike excel.