Objects not showing up in Autocad LT 2008

hagan8

Can anyone explain why some background objects will not show up in Acad LT 2008 from a Cad file that was created from a newer - 2009 or 2010 version of AutoCad.

Received the background from an architect and cannot get the complete background to print. I have checked all the layers for printing, on/off, reconciled the xrefs.....

I'm at a loss

I downloaded & installed it as you suggested. Still nothing. The back ground shows up on screen, but not in plots. I have Acad LT 2009 on my laptop and the files work fine. Time to convince my office to upgrade I guess.

Thanks for the help

I downloaded & installed it as you suggested. Still nothing. The back ground shows up on screen, but not in plots. I have Acad LT 2009 on my laptop and the files work fine. Time to convince my office to upgrade I guess.

Thanks for the help

Ah.... check to see if you inserted the XREF's on a non-plot layer, such as DEFPOINTS.

I have checked all layers, plot styles, if the layer is plot-able, reconciled all layers, whether a layer is frozen......pretty much everything I can think of. Called the Architect and they blame the Interior Designer.....It's a big pissing match for them.

I have checked all layers, plot styles, if the layer is plot-able, reconciled all layers, whether a layer is frozen......pretty much everything I can think of. Called the Architect and they blame the Interior Designer.....It's a big pissing match for them.

So the actual Layer that you inserted the XREF on is on a layer that will plot? Does it come up in Plot Preview but then doesn't plot to the plotter?

If so, then check the path of the XREF. Did you move the files or anything? Make sure that's correct as well, in the External Reference manager. See if that does anything.

Those all checked out fine. I basically downloaded the files from the Arch's ftp site. I have checked the paths and eveerything is correct.

When I do a plot preview, only a few doors show up, and an external wall. I even had the Arch go over his layers for the xrefs with me on the phone.

The only thing else I can think of is because of LT the Proxy Graphics aren't showing. But you said that you installed the Object Enablers so I don't know. I'm at a loss now unless I was to have the file to look at. Hopefully someone else can give it a shot or know of a solution....