small problem

Mason Dixon

I'm stuck in a viewport, I usually doubleclick to get out of the viewport but I can't this time. How do I get out of a viewport and show the whole layout space?

This is a very common problem with new users... I myself found my self stuck zoomed in to close.

You think they would make it a little easier to get out or harder to fall into this problem...

PSPACE on the command line

Or just PS. Couldn't be much easier. :wink:

Or, click the Paper/Model button on your taskbar.

But to avoid this from happening, just lock your viewports.

Or just PS. Couldn't be much easier. :wink:

Or, click the Paper/Model button on your taskbar.

But to avoid this from happening, just lock your viewports.

The viewport lock is good, but it also locks the scale. I have done this before myself, a bunch. You get in a rush to finish and you didnt realize you were too zoomed into the window, or another viewport, and bam. PS works like a champ though in multiple viewport occasions.

Just to add, I don't know why more people don't utilize the 'lock viewport' functionality, I come across this all the time and I'd bet 75% of the time, the viewports are unlocked.

If you have messed up your original view, use the 'ZOOM PREVIOUS' until you get it back to whatever you had it set to, then switch to PS, then right-click that viewport and lock it.

Just to add, I don't know why more people don't utilize the 'lock viewport' functionality, I come across this all the time and I'd bet 75% of the time, the viewports are unlocked.

If you have messed up your original view, use the 'ZOOM PREVIOUS' until you get it back to whatever you had it set to, then switch to PS, then right-click that viewport and lock it.

That drives me crazy when I do something in a viewport only to realize the last guy never locked it. :x

Oh yeah, happens all the time, unless I guess a person works through MS specifically and doesn't work through layouts, who knows?

Alot of people (CAD users) don't actually know about the lockability and it's been around for a long time. One of those annoying things for sure.

Alot of people (CAD users) don't actually know about the lockability and it's been around for a long time. One of those annoying things for sure.

Lots of them got no idea something like ps is existing at all...

Lots of them got no idea something like ps is existing at all...

Hell, I remember talking to a guy once and he didn't know AutoCad had spellcheck.

.... autocad has spellcheck?!? :huh: heh.

Yeah it's amazing how much there is when a person actually takes the time to see what is new between releases.