Drawing sections

zionshea

Hello all,

The attached is only a simple drow just to exercise viewports.

1. Please see the attached and, if possible, explain the reason in "Layout1" viewports, second floor top view (viewport, in the left side, second from the top) it does not show all the walls but only shows the floor layout?. the first floor top view shows OK (left down viewport).

2. Please guide the right way to use the Autocad options (Document > Sections and Elevations > Add Section Line) in order to craete several sections and inc;ude each in a viewport in the "Sections" layout. I would also like to do same for several Elevations.

Thanks.

Lesson4.zip

1. You can go into that layout and check in the layer manager and see layers that are frozen for that viewport. If you want more to show you can thaw those layers for that viewport. You will have to move to the right in layer manager to see the settings per viewport.

2. I don't have Arch in front of me but I know the help file will explain this. It is pretty straight forward, picking the command, pick two end points, point the direction you want to be looking, place the section.

1. I am doing all right in both floors; first floor shows OK but second floor shows only the contour of the floor without any walls.

actually second floor does not show the walls at the top view even in the Model display; when I take the second floor away from above of the first floor.

Please see attached file and from the model select to view the TOP view.

2. I know the basic details to create a section in the main model - I just need some guide regarding how a certain section (in 2D) can be located within a Viewport. (same regarding a certain elevation)

Lesson4.zip