Does your company use annotative scaling?

ReMark

While I agree that utilizing one way or the other 100% of the time makes complete sense there will always be that one drawing that wants to be the exception to the rule.

Sure, I was thinking more of a situation where one person or a few people in the office do it differently then the rest of the people. Consistency is hugely critical when it comes to CAD standards (including the whole drawing production section).

You are correct though, there will always be the 'oddball' drawings where certain things will just be required to be done regardless of pre-set standards and procedures.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Sparky

• mrbucket

• stevsmith

F.Y.I. - Three sources of information I used while examining the feature of annotative scaling were:

1) Setting Up a Drawing for Scaling Annotations. Link: http://www.autocadhr.net/vijesti/novo/annotation.pdf

2) Annotation Scaling - Making Drawings Smarter with Intelligent Text by David Cohn - President, PPI Group from his AutoDesk University lecture (2008 ). Course ID number GD315-1P.

3) Size Does Matter: Annotative Scale Feature by Isaac Harper - Cadsoft Consulting, Inc. from his AutoDesk University lecture (2009). Course ID number AU314-1.

The last two can be found at AutoDesk University Online. Link: http://au.autodesk.com/

• 1 month later...