Google earth image to AutoCad 2008 LT

waitung

Hi,

Someone please give me advice on importing Google earth image to AutoCad 2008 LT. I've tried to use the copy and paste option via Bitmap but the image came out bad and the file size is 10MB. Is there a better way to do this? Do I need to purchase a program to do this.

Thanks.

Do you need it spot on accurate or just something to approximate to? I take the images using SnagIT and scale the image accordingly. I can get it to about +/- 2 feet accurate that way. The satelite may not be directly overhead so there is distortion when I try it.

Do you know someone with full autocad? If so, they can import the image for you and you can copy/paste the image ref into your work. LT will not allow you to create an image ref, but it will accept one made with full cad and allow you to manipulate it - even change the reference file so it can be re-used.

I check surveys by importing the Google image, but I do it in a very simple way.

In Google Earth, click View, then Scale Legend. Then I just save the Image and there is a ready made scaling bar included.

Just check the date of the image, because further construction may have taken place.

This image is at Greenwich on the Prime Meridian, and shows that Google Earth coordinates are not zero at the zero Meridian.

ZeroLongitude.jpg