feet inches to metric

Nathandi

I've drawn a set of house plans in architectural and need to convert them to metric because this house is being built in Brazil. My skill level is pretty low so I have no idea how to do this. I am using architecture 2009. Please help!:P

open a blank drawing with metric template.

go to tools>options>user preference> & under 'insertion scale', set 'source content unit' to 'inches' & 'target drawing unit' to 'milimeter'. Also make 'insunits' value '4'(mm) and

than bring in this exisitng drawing there using insert comand.

Or, you could scale the entire drawing.

How to convert a drawing from inches to centimeters (or vice versa)?

First of all - an AutoCAD drawing in the modelspace is unitless. A drawing unit can be anything you wish. A square of 10x10 units can be 10mm, 10m, 10", 10 feet, whatever. The real physical units are required only when you want to represent the drawing model for the real world - for dimensioning, plotting (plot scale), paperspace and annotation functions.

But if you really want to scale your drawing from inches to millimeters, centimeters, meters - or vice versa - e.g. from centimeters to inches, you can use the SCALE command.

When going e.g. from inches to centimeters, you have to scale up your drawing 2.54x. Run the SCALE command, select All objects, specify 0,0 (global) as the reference point and enter 2.54 as the scale factor.

You can prepare a menu macro button to perform this conversion operation automatically (menu macros use ";" instead of Enter) - some examples:

[inches->CM]^C^C_SCALE;_All;;*0,0;2.54;

[inches->MM]^C^C_SCALE;_All;;*0,0;25.4;

[CM->Inches]^C^C_SCALE;_All;;*0,0;0.3937;