How to Count number of ocurances of a letter in block text

stockers

Hi,

Is there a way in getting AutoCAD 2010 to count the number a given text entity appears.

I specify an load of different standard columns all labelled with a letter and number. e.g. F9 or D4 ....etc. So i have lots of these and need to schedule them. Currently I print out the drawings and count them by hand. Very slow and laborious!

Other that put all combinations on a different layer which would take longer that counting them, is there a way round this.

Please help, all suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Not off the top of my head at the moment but it does open up some possibilities. There are all kinds of block counting LISP routines out there. Try a search. I'd recommend looking in the CAD Tips section of Cadalyst magazine.

Search here for a lips/vba that changes a blocks attributes from one to another just remove the change part and put a simple counter in (setq x (+ x 1)) then last line in program (princ x) etc

I am sure the lisp's exists check by searching for some by Lee Mac

The simplest way to count certain text strings is to use the find(&replace) command, it's not intended to use for counting but it works so who gives? :)

Just type FIND, type the text you want to count in the "find what" field and leave the "replace with" field open, make sure to select the "list results" box and then click the find button, that should result in a popup with the count of your texts.