Cursor object visibility

reddleman

This may seem stupid but I seem to have inadvertantly changed a system variable which enables/disables the cursor object visibility. There is no rubber band effect when drawing rectangles and no blocks positioned on the cursor when inserting. Also difficulty in positioning dimension text. I have looked in the AutoCAD help file but cannot find the answer. It's probably very obvious but I seem to have forgotten how to get the visibility back. Please could someone help!

Reddleman.

I don't know of a setting but we have a couple of drawings that do that to the cursor. I haven't worked out (actually, I think I did but have forgotten) what turns the cursor off but the only way back is to shut AutoCAD down and start again. That usually clears the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same thing happens to me. The cursor is on on same of my layouts and invisible on another. I did the dragmode to Auto thing and it worked. I would still like to know how it got that way in the first place. Since I have never heard of dragmode I didn't knowingly change it since working on my file yesterday. Very strange.