valve

TonyBorland

Greetings

I have a picture of a valve which i need some help with creating the shape.What would be the best way to form this shape of the valve?

Thank you

Tony B

valve.jpg

It looks like the center section could be done with a revolve. the flanges with an extrude and the inlet/outlet sections(which appear to possibly be a mirror of each other) could be done with loft.

Do you have any more info on the valve? maybe a cross section view of it? I would draw the entire thing as a solid then worry about removing the inside.

Thanks Shift1313

I found this other picture.It is all i could find.The part between the flanges looks like a difficult piece of the valve.

Cheers

Tony

valve1.jpg

do you have an idea of what the inside looks like? It looks complicated on the outside but i dont think it will be too bad. It looks as if the loft transitions from round at the flange to square. Maybe later this evening i will try and draw a loft to show you.

here is a little cleaner pic of the same globe valve in the second pic you posted. are you just trying to draw any globe valve?(since the two pics are different). There are other globe valves out there which are easier to draw:)

Carbon_Steel_WCB_Globe_Valve.jpg

Hi Shift1313

Yes the picture you attached is the valve i am looking at modelling.Would you have some suggestions on how to model this valve

Thanks again

Tony

here is just a quick shot at it. two lofted solids and one revolve.

For the left side i drew a circle for the flange side and then i drew a rounded rectangle at 45 degrees for the second sketch. I did this in solidworks because im at work. I set the loft so it entered each sketch at 90degrees. The right side i did the same thing only with two circles. For the center i did a revolved solid using the face of the first loft cut in half.

With out actually having one in hand its hard to see how the shape actually translates to itself. If you are just trying to draw it for fun then its really not an issue, but if you were trying to be more accurate with it you would really need one in hand to take apart.

Just try to break it up into different parts and work with them individually. When you are doing these lofts you can select the New Solid option so you have multi body parts then Combine them after you are done so you can fillet everything.

Also remember with something like this, the external shape is usually driven by the flow path inside which is why i was asking about the inside of it.

globevalve.jpg