can any one help me plz

we should make a solid model of this one

i made it like this in twe ways but i can't complete & i think its wrong

i don't know how to do the extrude with angle " 30"

and which view should is start with

hw11.jpg

hw111.jpg

hw1111.jpg

You could use a slicing plane at 30 deg like so...

[ATTACH]16481[/ATTACH]

KC

sorry but what is "slicing plane"

how can i do this cuz we didn't take something like this

Mechanical engineer

Can you accept an advice from a colleague? Please, give relevant names to the threads you start! Titles like "Help me plz" or so will not help people in the future when searching solutions to slicing solids.

Also about your question: I would try to use SOLIDEDIT>FACE>ROTATE.

sorry but what is "slicing plane"

how can i do this cuz we didn't take something like this

Draw a line then extrude it. AutoCAD treats this as a Surface. Rotate the surface the required angle. Now use the Slice command with the Surface option. In other words, you will use the surface you have created to slice the object you have created.

This is what you should see at the command line:

Command: slice

Select objects to slice: 1 found

Select objects to slice: pick your object

Specify start point of slicing plane or [planar

Object/Surface/Zaxis/View/XY/YZ/ZX/3points] : S

Select a surface: pick the surface you created

Select solid to keep or [keep Both sides] : If you select the object itself, rather than accepting the default of "Both", pick the portion you wish to retain. Erase the surface when done.

Draw a line then extrude it. AutoCAD treats this as a Surface.

The OP indicates using 2002 - this functionality not available in 2002 version. Create wedge and subtract or solidedit rotate face as previously indicated. Actually it looks like if the first two images were placed over each other and then use the command intersect the solid would be done.

Thanks JDM I totally missed that.

Could the OP construct and then explode a solid to create the surface or do you know of a solid-to-surface lisp routine that would work in AC 2000?

Could the OP construct and then explode.... ?

No, no, no. Don't use that word. It should be considered like the real world equivalent. Explosions should only be done by those trained to know how to handle explosions. The untrained should avoid, in the real world and in the AutoCAD virtual world.:cry:

The surface tools prior to r2007 were totally different geometry, generally of little use.

Heh I still have 2002 on a computer in my office. They have greatly improved the solid editing tools that are available to you since then but you can still use the SLICE command, but it works a bit different than it does now.

You do not have a 2 point option for selecting a slicing plane. You need to use the 3 point option to create a slicing plane. So basically everything is the same as ReMarks response from the options on the slice command.

You will either need to be In an Isometric view, or in a plane perpendicular to your slicing plane. My example below from the command line is using the latter.

Command: SL SLICE

Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 1 found

Select objects: Specify first point on slicing plane by

[Object/Zaxis/View/XY/YZ/ZX/3points] : (select your first point using OSNAPS)

Specify second point on plane: (Select your 2nd point)

Specify third point on plane: @0,0,1 (Use this as your 3rd point, to keep the slicing plane in line with the first two points.)

Select solid to keep or [keep Both sides] : (same as ReMark's comment above)

The 2point option to create a slicing plane that was introduced in later versions of Auto CAD cut out a few of these steps.

And JD Mather's comment about subtracting a wedge will get the same results as well.

And NEVER explode your solid objects, as the others have said.

• 11 years later...