Help with Homework-Create Solid Model

M*M

hi all ....

how can i start with this it look hard

i ineed ur help ... i try with it but i stop from i start :wink:

help me plz this is my homework and i need it befor 29-12 :oops:

Create a 3D Solid model of the object using AutoCAD.

421927936.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• M*M

• JD Mather

• iskalipsi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We would be happy to assist you with any questions you have but most of us follow the policy of not actually doing a student's homework for them for obvious reasons. How else will you learn if you do not do your own homework? Most of us have "been there" and "done that" once already. Now it is your turn.

Next time you might choose a more descriptive title for you thread.

How much 3D training have you had?

How much 2D training have you had? Can you create a closed polyline view of the right side (without the hidden edges, and ignore 45° chamfer and 13mm step for now - it will be a simple rectangle with an arc at top)? If so, attach that dwg here.

Due 12/29? Nothing like waiting until the last minute to get started, eh?

I have renamed your thread to something a little more descriptive and moved it to the 3D Modeling section.

As others have already said, we won't do your assignment for you. But if you post a screenshot of what you've done so far, and let us know where you're stuck, we will be happy to assist in helping you finish this project.

I've also resized your image so that it adheres to our image size limits and fits on the page.

One thing you have going for you is that it appears, at first glance, that one end is a mirror image of the other. Draw one end, mirror it and then create the "bridge" between the two. Just one approach of many that will be suggested here I'm sure.

i stop here:(

Draw 2d outline of right side as I suggested before.

Extrude far enough to go through all of the part.

Use the Intersect command.

or

draw the arc

extrude as a surface going through all

Slice with surface option

BTW - this part could have been made with 3 simple extrudes of the simplified right view (as shown but with circle for hole) simplified top view (rectangle with two corner chamfers and two holes) and simplified front view (I think you get the idea) then Intersect. Done.

Right Side Profile.png

i try but i cannot drow the red part

Just follow JDM's advice.

draw the arc

extrude as a surface going through all

Slice with surface option

All the info for drawing the arc is provided.

i try but i cannot drow the red part

How did you get the rest of it if you can't draw a rectangle and a circle and trim them up?

F1 UCS

F1 rectangle

F1 circle

F1 move

F1 trim

F1 Polyline edit

Also, I noticed an anomaly with one of your holes. You might want to start over.

Anomaly.jpg

When the arc is extruded it will be treated as a surface. When slicing you need to tell AutoCAD it is this surface that you will be using.

Slice

Specify start point of slicing plane or [planar

Object/Surface/Zaxis/View/XY/YZ/ZX/3points] : S (for surface)

Select a surface: (pick the arc)

The slice will occur. If you elected for AutoCAD to keep both sides of the solid just erase the geometry that is no longer needed (this will include the surface you created).

I notice that the width of each leg in your drawing is consistent from top to bottom (19). This I believe is incorrect. I think that below the horizontal bridge that joins both sides the width is actually 14.