unhandled access violation reading 0xffff087b exception ffff087bh

nudler

Hi,

when ever I start my Autocad 2002 in the last couple of days I get the above Fatal error.

This Autocad 2002 run on my computer for 6 month with no problem till now.

The numbers between the ffff and b and between ffff and bh changes each time I try to strat Autocad, the letters dosnt change.

I have MS windows XP professional version 2002 SP3 and conputer Pentium Dual core 2.5 GHZ, 2 GB RAM.

Please help me.

I uninstall Autocad and after it Install it back.

It was not help and I have the same fatal error.

I have also in my computer Autodesk Inventor R6 and it works without any problem.

I hope you did a complete uninstall as per AutoDesk recommendations. If not then you didn't really finish the task.

I would have recommended trying the REPAIR option first prior to doing a complete uninstall.

When does the error actually occur? When you open AutoCAD? When you open any drawing or a particular type of drawing?

This problem has first acour yesterday noon at the first time, after Autocad work normaly in the morning.

Befor that I never had this problem.

What else occurred at this time?

Was something else installed, uninstalled, any windows updates, other program crashes, power outage to cause a reboot, network glitch, anything....?

Something had to have occurred, whether you know it or not, assuming that this problem is not related to your default template drawing.

My Autocad 2002 comes with MTD 6, before unistall Autocad I did try to Reinstall it, without any help.

Two days before the problem start some windows updates was automaticly installed.

The problem occur when I try to open Autocad or MTD, with Inventor I have no problem.

Sorry for the mistake, I have Mechanical Desktop 6 and I cannot open it, I get the same error as when I try to open Autocad 2002.

I dont have SP1 for Autocad and I have norton antivirus running.

Do you have a RESTORE point on your computer that predates the start of the problem (maybe even one prior to the most recent Windows updates that were installed)?

Let me get this straight. You restored Windows to a date prior to the start of the problems and everything is now OK? If so, good. My advice is that prior to letting Windows install any updates that you create a new restore point in the event you encounter another problem.