layer order??

demeon

hi all, its me again, absolute newbie:)

question for today : Can i change layer order? Like in photoshop for example, sent it backward or forward?

thanks so much

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• demeon

• ReMark

• Cad64

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean draworder, i have a a yellow plane, and red lines. these red lines are hiden under yellow plane.. they are in deifferent layers

dont know what to do, im desperade:(

DRAWORDER

Changes the draw order of images and other objects.

Consult your Help files for further information.

Some of the options include:

Above Objects

Moves the selected object above the specified reference objects.

Select reference objects: Use an object selection method

Under Objects

Moves the selected objects below the specified reference objects.

Select reference objects: Use an object selection method

Front

Moves the selected objects to the top of the order of objects in the drawing.

Back

Moves the selected objects to the bottom of the order of objects in the drawing.

thanks everybody for an answer,

but..

can anybody write me step by step how to do it? where is this draworder toolbar please?

Right click on any of your toolbars and a drop down list will appear ensure that draworder is checked.

Since you are using 2007 there should be any number of toolbars already available to you. Follow the advice given above. You really don't need this in written form. Once you do it you'll always remember how.

III FOUND IT:)

YOU CANNOT IMAGINE IM SOO HAPPY IT SO EASY....there is really much to learn

All you had to do is type in dr and hit enter as I indicated in my first response - and follow the command line prompts.

Next question?

can anybody write me step by step how to do it? where is this draworder toolbar please?

You might want to consider buying a book so you can learn all the basics. Check Amazon.com for books by George Omura, and get the one that's relevant to your version of AutoCAD.

Man, i could read all day and learn half as much as just by doing and toying with it. Maybe its just me but I'm a visual person, i need to see it done or do it my self....:geek:

I have had this problem before it was a big pain. But sometimes i have it were if i make coppies or redraw stuff or just move items, the order gets mixed up again.

If the book had lots of pictures maybe :P, or you tube videos.

Yes, the book has lots of pictures. :roll:

And yes, you can learn a lot by trial and error and just playing with the program, but you can only get so far by doing that. At some point you have to either take classes, read a book or locate some video training DVD's if you really want to learn this, or any, program inside and out. I'm self taught in many different programs, and I can tell you that I would have never made it to this point without the aid of training materials. I have a whole library of books and DVD's for the programs I use.

But I agree with you about being a visual person. I would much rather watch a DVD than read a book. There's nothing like watching someone actually doing what they're describing. :wink:

JD Mather: the matter is that im not using autocad in english, so i need different command.. thats why i need it like click here and here and there and voala :)

you know what is the best on autocad? finding new possibilities

JD Mather: the matter is that im not using autocad in english, so i need different command.. thats why i need it like click here and here and there and voala

Good point. Be sure to include that information in your next question to ensure the best response.

the matter is that im not using autocad in english, so i need different command.

You can still use English commands on your version. Just precede the command with an underscore like this: _DRAWORDER or _DR.

Otherwise, you will have to find the command on your own. The majority of us have Autocad set up in English so we may not be able to direct you to the equivalent in your language.