Press/Pull

Kobbe

Hello! I am having some problems with the tool "Press/Pull" and hope you can help me :)

Why doesn't Press/Pull always work? Having problems sometimes at random places, I don't relly know why.

Doesn't press pull work in an angeled possision? It just seam to work vertical and horisontal, am i right?

What can i use insted of Press/pull to make 3d solids?

When attempting to use press/pull in an angled position is your UCS reoriented to match the angle?

3D solids can also be constructed using Extrude, Sweep and Loft.

When attempting to use press/pull in an angled position is your UCS reoriented to match the angle?

3D solids can also be constructed using Extrude, Sweep and Loft.

How do I make the USC reoriented to match the angle? It sounds good to me, that might be the problem.

Thanks for the reply!

Doesn't press pull work in an angeled possision?

Presspull will work in an angled position if you have dynamic highlighting on, and have DUCS on, and have a planar face for DUCS to pick up on to set UCS.

Otherwise you will have to set UCS.

Another tip, sometimes when it doesn't immediately pick up boundary I have found that scroll the mouse wheel in and out one step seems to help. (while cursor is within boundary)

Doesn't press pull work in an angeled possision?

Presspull will work in an angled position if you have dynamic highlighting on, and have DUCS on, and have a planar face for DUCS to pick up on to set UCS.

Otherwise you will have to set UCS.

Another tip, sometimes when it doesn't immediately pick up boundary I have found that scroll the mouse wheel in and out one step seems to help. (while cursor is within boundary)

Yes, I got the UCS on but i don't really know how to make the USC angeled. Can I angel it if I don't have a solid? I always start out with some lines and then use the Press/Pull.

Another question:

1. If I use for example extrude, I get a surface and not a solid, can I convert a surface to a Solid?

Thanks again!

1. Change the setting of your ZOOMFACTOR variable.

2. What are your extruding?

Edit: I see you've edited your post and removed question #1. I assume you figured that one out? :unsure:

1. Change the setting of your ZOOMFACTOR variable.

2. What are your extruding?

1.Found the Zoomfactor but thanks anyway!

2. Like a line or anything. Does it matter what I am extruding?

If it is open profile it will extrude as a surface. If it is a closed profile but not joined polyline it will extrude as a surface. If it is a closed profile even if not joined it will Presspull as a solid. If it is a closed polyline it will Extrude or Presspull as a solid.

In order for a solid to be a solid, it has to have volume. A surface is just like a piece of paper, it has no volume, so it can't be converted to a solid.

But you can extrude a line to create a surface and then extrude the surface to create a solid.

i don't really know how to make the USC angeled. Can I angel it if I don't have a solid?

If you type UCS at the command line, you will see that there are many options available. Check your Autocad Help files for information on what the various options do and how they work.

Aha, nice! But is it possible to convert

Yes, use Thicken where appropriate to convert a surface to a solid.

Use Slice with surface option to edit a solid with a surface.

In modern 3D CAD programs you can also Stitch surfaces together to form a solid or Sculpt with a surface to cut/fill material.

You might want to go through the tutorials at the link in my signature.

Also check into then new Mesh tools not covered in the tutorials for additional surface/solid functionality. There is very very little avialable yet on how to use these tools, but I've been experimenting a bit over the holidays and have discovered some interesting functionality.