Circle tool is no circle

gotchy

Can someone give me a clue as to why I do not get a perfect circle, when selecting the Circle icon in the Draw toolbar, but rather a slight ellipse?

I am using Autocad 2000. I know I am way behind, however I get comfortable with a piece of software and I hate to change. I do use 2008 on occasion. I have no problem with 2008.

Thank you,

gotchy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• gotchy

• f700es

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aspect ratios are not a function of your OS. They are controlled either manually via buttons on your monitor or via an onscreen program (referred to as OSD - Onscreen Display).

Do you have a flat panel or a CRT?

I think the distance command will confirm that the radius/diameter are correct. Trust kencaz and adjust your aspect ratio. By the way, screen resolution and aspect ratio are not one-in-the-same.

only a vague recollection.....

there was a dos set up prog you ran and had to type in the X & Y measurements of a circle. The screen was then adjusted so that the circle was round.

that would then modify your acad configuration files so that you always had a circle :)

Ah...the good old days of DOS. Look how far we have progressed.

Are you suggesting that the OP needs to do this? I thought those days were long gone.

I don't think you would want to these days. If it is THAT bad I would adjust the screen either from the video card set up page or on the screen buttons, however from our old book....

ACAD setup.JPG

Aspect ratio: Ratio of physical picture width to the picture height. Examples: 3:2, 4:3 and 16:9 (HDTV).

Display resolution: Number of distinct pixels in each dimension that can be displayed. Examples: 640x480 (VGA), 800x600 (SVGA), 1024x768 (XGA), 1280x1024 (SXGA), 1600x1200 (UXGA) and 1920x1200 (WUXGA).

If its all about aspect ratio what would be the best size monitor to work with autocad if you were buying a new one, im thinking a wide screen would be best suited , might get the boss to buy me a 42" that way i can see all of my A1 drawings with out zooming in lol

Personally I'm not keen on the push to use widescreen monitors. I really do like the 4:3 aspect ratio of my old CRT I just don't like the size and the weight.

If I went widescreen I'd go with a 24". I don't have room for a 42" in my cubicle! Heck, that's even bigger than my 32" HDTV at home!

my new setup has a wide screen monitor. I also have been allowed to keep the old one. :) The old one now has my email and CadTutor and the F2 screen when I want, the wide screen has my drawing. The edges don't really get used! I still just look at the middle and pan if I want to see elswhere. I am tempted to turn autohide off on my palette so that they are visible all the time but I find that looks too cluttered. It is nice having the extra area but I don't think I would cry if it was taken away from me.