Presspull command.

melox

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to get my head around the presspull command. I've drawn a cube, then I've drawn two circles on top of the cube. One is offset from the other. I want to highlight the ring and use the presspull command to form a ring and extrude it to take out a ring shape in the cube. When I use the presspull command it should highlight the ring formed by the circles but it isn't doing so. Am I missing something?

If you have Mastering AutoCAD 2007 by George Omura this exercise is on page 678.

Regards, Michael.

Perhaps you did not click inside bounded areas to press or pull as instructed. Try it again. It worked for me.

I got it to fail by first turning my "ring" into a region and then using press/pull. Is that what you did?

Honest Remark I've tried it loads of times. It works when I've made the ring independent of the box just not when its on top of the box. Just doesn't want to highlight the ring. Will have another go. Thanks for the reply. Regards.

Honest Remark I've tried it loads of times. It works when I've made the ring independent of the box just not when its on top of the box. Just doesn't want to highlight the ring. Will have another go. Thanks for the reply. Regards.

Then it sounds like it is something obvious that you are overlooking. I got it to work on the first try.

I'm clicking on the bounded and nothing is highlighted. When I use CTRL+ALT the Bounded area is highlighted, when I drag it down the way nothing happens. As I say it works fine when the Cube is not there. Thanks.

You're defining a region by using a boundary?

Hmmm....the way I got it to work was to click between the two circles that make up the ring. I did not create a region out of the two circles.