Plotting a Single Layer in COLOR

Cbraunheim

AutoCAD 2008

:? I would like to plot a 2D drawing from Paper Space in black & white except for one layer which I want to plot in RED. The Layer Properties Manager will not allow me to change the Plot Style of this layer (it is grayed-out in the colum). If I change the pen assignments, everything that is RED in Model Space will plot RED, not just the desired layer. Is there an easier way, please?

AutoCAD 2008

:? I would like to plot a 2D drawing from Paper Space in black & white except for one layer which I want to plot in RED. The Layer Properties Manager will not allow me to change the Plot Style of this layer (it is grayed-out in the colum). If I change the pen assignments, everything that is RED in Model Space will plot RED, not just the desired layer. Is there an easier way, please?

If you are set up to use CTB then set the pen color of that layer to a pen color you never use, like 126, then edit the CTB file so pen 126 is set to plot red. Set the layer you want plotted in red to pen color 126.

This is so much easier with STB but I am guessing you are not using STB.

Just a bit more we have two CTB tables one mono one colour the mono has all pens set to black (greys excluded)

The colour one we set pens 1 -9 to black all other pens to "pen colour" old fashioned drafting, it makes it easy to still pick a red but its number 10, blue 160, cyan 130 etc matching the colours makes it pretty easy to colourise a drawing and see approximately whats its going to look like.

Just edit your ctb and resave when plotting.