All Dialogue boxes not showing up

purekoryo

I tried hatch, dimension style manger, etc., and the dialogue boxes for all of those will not show up. All I get is a prompt at the command line to modify that way. How do I turn all boxes on so that when I click on layer properties, style manager, hatch, etc. the box shows up?

I tried hatch, dimension style manger, etc., and the dialogue boxes for all of those will not show up. All I get is a prompt at the command line to modify that way. How do I turn all boxes on so that when I click on layer properties, style manager, hatch, etc. the box shows up?

check to see what your CMDDIA is set to. type it on the command line and set it to 1 for dialogue boxes to be on I'm pretty sure. You could always go to autocad help and type search too.

as already stated this is normally CMDDIA not = 1. FILEDIA controls the file dialogue boxes, CMDDIA controls the control dialogue boxes BUT I have had times when they get themselves mixed up. I would shut down & restart then make sure CMDDIA=1 and hope it sorts itself out.

I think there used to be one other control but I haven't used it for so long I've forgotten what it is. I'm now off work for a couple of days waiting for the snow to easy so I won't be able to look at my old scripts to find out.

the other time they can disappear is if your search path gets altered or certain files get moved. I don't know how these are stored, I'm guessing a DCL file but I'm not sure. Is it possible you have moved your support folder or modified the search path?

I do get a message that says: "Catalog file 'Support\ArcFields.fdc' is not found" every time i start up cad.

did you run a search for that file on your computer? Once you find it if you do make sure the file is put into your suport search path in OPTIONS

I do get a message that says: "Catalog file 'Support\ArcFields.fdc' is not found" every time i start up cad.
do a search of your hard drive to see if it is around. Check your recycle bin in case you accidentally deleted it.