Drawing scale printing wrong size on paper

caduseless

I have done a drawing to 1 :200 scale and have had it printed on A1 paper. The drawing has not come out to scale and is small on paper, I had thought I ,d pressed the correct buttons but obviously have not. Has anybody an idea where I have gone wrong . I am operating autocad lt 2010

I have done a drawing to 1 :200 scale and have had it printed on A1 paper. The drawing has not come out to scale and is small on paper, I had thought I ,d pressed the correct buttons but obviously have not. Has anybody an idea where I have gone wrong . I am operating autocad lt 2010

what do you have for your plot configuration settings and page set up? can you put up a screenshot of those windows or attach an example of the dwg?

model space

if you plot from model space and center your plot and scale to fit it's not going to be to the scale that you want like 1:200. you should draw it 1:1 and then plot it from paper space giving it your desired scale and annotating the scale on your titleblock

It can be plotted from model space "to scale" as long as the paper size is correct.

In my own mind I had referenced that when I said what the page set up but if its too big to plot on say an a-size.. i know you dont need my explanation reMark.. the process just goes in my head from repetition of doing it and I dont explain to well at times..

Some new users are so excited they drew something in AutoCAD they can't wait to print it. They usually do so from model space. Either they do not know layouts exist or don't know how to use them at this time.

You don't owe me an explanation. I'm fine with what you said. I offered an alternative point of view. :)