Trouble Scaling in Pg. Setup

BMore

I know this is a completely ridiculous question, but I haven't used CAD in about a year and can't remember the answer and also had trouble finding an answer in the forum...

For whatever reason, I can't get my viewport to show my model scaled correctly. Mspace is set up at 1:1, and the 11x17 pspace is also set up 1:1. I choose 1/4"=1' scale in my viewport, and end up with my model being tiiiiiiiiny in the middle of the page when it should just barely fit.

I feel like maybe the problem is in my page setup, but I'm drawing blanks on how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Thanks for the reply, RKent, but unfortunately it didn't change anything. Scale stayed the same in the viewport. I double-checked the paper size and it's 11x17.

Do you think it could be a problem with the initial file setup? Any advice on that?

Thanks again!

I opened it threw it on a tabloid size and scaled to 1/2"=1'-0". Which is obviously not what the drawing is supposed to be.

Did you draw it yourself or acquire it? Is it supposed to be in decimal?

I opened it threw it on a tabloid size and scaled to 1/2"=1'-0". Which is obviously not what the drawing is supposed to be.

Did you draw it yourself or acquire it? Is it supposed to be in decimal?

I did draw it myself. It's only in decimal because I couldn't remember how to change the units! Haha, I'm a sad case...places I've worked in the past have workspaces pre-setup. I'd prefer it to be in feet and inches.

Will changing it out of decimal help with the problem?

Yes, it will. Go to Format and then Drawing Setup. Try redrawing a portion of it and scaling it again. It should scale properly now.

If you change it from decimal to architectural then you need to scale everything up 12 times. This will also allow you to choose an architect scale for your viewport. Otherwise add an engineering scale to your scale list (i.e. 1"=100') and use it. 1"=100' worked for me when I did it which is why I suggest it in my example.

Thanks to you, too, ScribbleJ!

I ended up just drawing one line at the new scale and reference scaling the drawing so it's all correct now. Glad the solution was simple since I have 6 of these!

So glad I came across this site...I'll definitely be scoring the archives for more knowledge.

Thanks to you, too, ScribbleJ!

I ended up just drawing one line at the new scale and reference scaling the drawing so it's all correct now. Glad the solution was simple since I have 6 of these!

So glad I came across this site...I'll definitely be scoring the archives for more knowledge.

Awesome site. Jump in and give advice and help troubleshoot if you can. I have learned so much from the peeps here. Dont be afraid to ask!