Newb needing help with making custom drop down menus or toolpalettes

NewB2010

Here at my work we are using autoCAD LT2007. I have made my blocks and was asked to have them put into drop down list or a tool pallete for easier insertion for projects.

If anyone could be so kind and provide me with a step by step tutorial as to how it's done, it would be greatly appreciated. (I have limited time until I ship out and would like to get this done for these guys.)

Thank you

assuming LT2007 is similar to 2008.....

put all the blocks you want in a single drawing (or several drawings by type).

create a new blank palette (don't know how to do this, I don't have AutoCAD at home)

open this drawing and drag each block in turn on to your new palette.

your palette is now ready for use.

you can write this palette to an external file to make it available on all machines. However, DO NOT move the base drawing!

Thank you for the quick response Dave!

How many blocks can be put into a palette? And also, once the new dwg is made, how do I pull up a new palette temp.?

you can keep adding blocks to a palette but once I have filled one I create another, maybe grouping slightly differently so that I don't have to scroll through them.

I'm not sure what what you mean for the next part. I *think* you can add new palettes right clicking somewhere but this is from memory so may not be correct. Once you have added a palette all the blocks on it are available to each new drawing.

Its your design design center which is a drop out bar of tool palletes and by

right clicking on the design center you`ll get a create new pallette prompt.