ghost outline around plotted raster images

lmm

I am having a problem plotting raster images. When the frames are turned off (imageframe set to 0 or 2) and I plot a layout containing raster images then a partial outline around the image (where the frame would be) also gets printed. This line is never particularly sharp or continuous (as a frame is when it is plotted), but it is visible, and noticeable and not acceptable for my work products.

When I had AutoCAD 2004 I didn't have this problem. I was then moved on to AutoCAD Map 3D 2007 and this problem first became apparent. It could be got around by installing RasterDesign 2007 and plotting to PDF. However, this ghost outlining was still visible when plotting to an actual printer.

I have recently been upgraded to Map 3D and Raster 2008 (we're always a bit behind the times). This outlining issue is still present but this time even on PDFs. I have to produce PDFs of my layouts for reports for my work and this is a serious issue for us.

My colleagues and I are all have this problem. We all have slightly different computers - but they are all classed as workstations and we are running Windows XP.

How can I plot raster images without the traces of the frame?

I've tried the suggestion of TFFRAMES but it seems to be an unknown command.

I should add that this ghost 'frame' appears on screen too. It is different to the actual frame - it is never completely continuous and is always black rather than whatever the layer is set to and when the frames are off it is not possible to select it by clicking on it or by any crossing window.

It is understandably most obvious when the raster image has transparent areas against it's edges. But even when pixels are not transparent or white it is still possible to notice a border around the image that is not present in the actual image itself. The raster format we usually use is PNG as JPG and BMP cannot provide sufficient resolution at usuable files sizes.

• 1 year later...

IMM, have you found a solution?

First the command is TFRAMES. The other was a typpo :)

We are experiencing the same issue with Land 2009, Frames off, we get a partial border where the frame is. I even changed the color of the layer to a masked color (does not plot), but the ghosts appear. Plotting to PDF, to plotter, same issue.

Let me know.

Been there, got the t-shirt, I mean the lines. Does not matter the frames setting. It does not seem to be a frames issue, but an image issue. The ghost lines appear with the frames toggled on also.

It appears to be a plotter driver issue. The plot to pdf shows the lines, the plot to a Bizhub all-in-one shows the lines, but a plot to an HP 4000 does not.

• 4 weeks later...

This just happened me and I found this thread, but without a solution.

By chance I figured it out.

Command line "Image", and the external references dialog box pops up

See if any of the images have a status of "unloaded", if they are select and right-click and press "reload".

This just worked for me all my images are full again!

Nicola

• 1 year later...

Changing from Adobe's "Adobe PDF" printer driver to AutoCAD's "DWG to PDF.pc3" driver solved the problem for me. The screen image is not as pretty, but the ghosting around the raster image frame is gone.