Needing help!Hatching

AkaArh

I have a raster plan and I have to colour differently the streets,the houses, the blocks each one on a different layer.

I have set the layer on -Bylayer-example green colour on first layer.

I have traced new lines overlapted on the original outlines with polylines enclosing the contour. I have tried to use the Hatch command but it doesn't works.

But I cannot fill the new form created with my colour .One reason is because it tells me that it is not an object .

How can I make the new countour object and how can I fill it ?

Thank you very much!

If you have enclosed an area with a polyline, it should hatch.

During the hatch command, you can select a closed object, or select a point inside an area enclosed by line, arcs, polylines, etc.

If still having problems, copy & post the command prompts and error message you are getting. or post the drawing.

AkaArh, is there a single polyline you selected for hatching? If you select a polyline, it must be a closed one. Or select the area by picking an inner point as CarlB wrote.

I adjusted the thread title.