Smoothing out curved mass elements

Alminate

Hello All,

I’m having an issue with curved mass elements. It seems that a vertical line is placed wherever there is a point on the Pline I used to create the mass element. The curves become even more jagged when I have a mass element that is based off of arcs.

I'm attaching a .pdf of my drawing that shows this. I'm using ADT2006, I understand that there is an option in newer versions that take care of this, is there anything I can do with my version?

Thanks, AL

Fire Guide LP-FCA 45-01.pdf

Hello All,

I’m having an issue with curved mass elements. It seems that a vertical line is placed wherever there is a point on the Pline I used to create the mass element. The curves become even more jagged when I have a mass element that is based off of arcs.

I'm attaching a .pdf of my drawing that shows this. I'm using ADT2006, I understand that there is an option in newer versions that take care of this, is there anything I can do with my version?

Thanks, AL

Try options->Display->Draw silhouetes for solids and surfaces.It will definately reduce your problem to a few vertical lines. To eliminate the completely...i don't think you can. And i would be very interested to point out the option in the newer versions that you mention!

I didn't think that was the option because it said "Show silhouetes in wireframe," but yes, the posted drawing was created with my options setup as shown above.

if they are Mass elements, use the command AECFACETDEV and change it to something less than a 256th inch. And then it will show smooth. You might need to set the variable first, then recreate the object. Mass elements do not do curves, they segment it all. The command above allows it to divide the "curve" into many more facets.