How do I turn on 3d modeling workspace?

tutt

Where do I find tools?

I am using autocad architecture 2010 btw

ach...ehm....right-click on the commandline instead and click Options.

Then I see now, have AutoCAD up and running now, that you need to go to the Display-tab and click Colors to get the list of Workspaces that I'm thinking of

Where do I find tools?

In the menu - Line in top

If it is not present, a system variable menubar in 1

In a command line enter: menubar Press Enter 1 Press Enter

And to replace working space it is possible having pressed a button (with the gear image) in the right bottom corner

In the menu - Line in top

If it is not present, a system variable menubar in 1

In a command line enter: menubar Press Enter 1 Press Enter

And to replace working space it is possible having pressed a button (with the gear image) in the right bottom corner

It's not present, and when I use the command "menubar 1" I get "No menus are defined" and then the value remains 0.

ach...ehm....right-click on the commandline instead and click Options.

Then I see now, have AutoCAD up and running now, that you need to go to the Display-tab and click Colors to get the list of Workspaces that I'm thinking of

Ok then I get it.

Well thats no workspaces is it? And the workspace I'm currently using (my only choice) architecture is not listed there..

:(

Type WORKSPACE at the command line. Next, type SE (for Settings). Does the Workspace Settings dialong box appear onscreen?

Yes, it does. But the only choice I have in the list is architecture.

Is it so that you have to install the 3d modeling workspace somehow?

In plain vanilla AutoCAD the following task-based workspaces are already defined in the product:

2D Drafting & Annotation

3D Modeling

AutoCAD Classic

I'm puzzled as to why Arch 2010 wouldn't be set up the same way unless the default is 3D modeling with no other defined choices. That can't be the case can it?

In plain vanilla AutoCAD the following task-based workspaces are already defined in the product:

2D Drafting & Annotation

3D Modeling

AutoCAD Classic

I'm puzzled as to why Arch 2010 wouldn't be set up the same way unless the default is 3D modeling with no other defined choices. That can't be the case can it?

Yes, what you describe is what is seen in cadtutors "getting ready for 3d"-video introduction. Where he can change from 2d drafting to 3d modeling, I only have 1 choice which is architectural, and this workspace is not the same as the 3d modeling one.

Maybe I have to define it myself?

Or is there any way for someone else to save down his/her 3dmode and send it to me? o:)

• 3 months later...

I came across the same issue today and just figured out how to do it by browsing the options tool. For those who are using autocad 2010 architecture and are beginners like myself, this is how you activate the 3d workspace.

1) Right click anywhere in the command box near the bottom of the screen

2) Select Options

3) Click on the profiles tab

note: you should see three items

autocad

autocad arch (imperial)

autocad arch (metric)

4) Select autocad (not autocad arch imperial or metric)

5) Click "Set Current"

6) Click "ok"

And voila, you should have the option to switch between the default workspaces as aforementioned in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
I came across the same issue today and just figured out how to do it by browsing the options tool. For those who are using autocad 2010 architecture and are beginners like myself, this is how you activate the 3d workspace.

2) Select Options

autocad

autocad arch (imperial)

autocad arch (metric)

5) Click "Set Current"

6) Click "ok"

And voila, you should have the option to switch between the default workspaces as aforementioned in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2) Select Options

autocad

autocad arch (imperial)

autocad arch (metric)

5) Click "Set Current"

6) Click "ok"

I have

the Autocad LT, i tried what u said there, but i don't have the profiles tab (step nr 3) is there something i can do?

• 5 months later...

2) Select Options

autocad

autocad arch (imperial)

autocad arch (metric)

5) Click "Set Current"

6) Click "ok"

"Thanks a Million as you have solved a problem in the shortest method. YOUR GREAT"

Edited by Tiger

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

does it mean that when i want to open an architecture workspace i have to go back to options>profiles>autocad architecture(global) or (metric), or is there a way i can insert the architecture workspace beside the other workspaces in the autocad profile?