Remote connection to Autocad

kev4791

Is it feasible or even legal to place Autocad LT onto our main server. Within the company we have 2 possibly 3 guys who are capable of using the software but are almost never likely to use it at the same time.

My question is can we install 1 copy on the server which any one of these guys can run remotely?. As only 1 person can use it at a time is this not feasible?. We can't really afford to purchase 3 versions to install on each persons desktop.

Also any else in the comapny looking to view drawings just uses DWG Trueview.

Here at my school we digitally imagaed all of our computers. Therefore every computer looked like each other, but that ended up causing problems. This is when we had 2007, and the licsence that was purchased expired everyday on each computer.

We also found out that the software could not be installed to a network, now that could have changed since we last purchased AutoCAD.

Is it feasible or even legal to place Autocad LT onto our main server. Within the company we have 2 possibly 3 guys who are capable of using the software but are almost never likely to use it at the same time.

My question is can we install 1 copy on the server which any one of these guys can run remotely?. As only 1 person can use it at a time is this not feasible?. We can't really afford to purchase 3 versions to install on each persons desktop.

Also any else in the comapny looking to view drawings just uses DWG Trueview.

Yes, ask your reseller about a Roaming License of AutoCAD LT. The program can be installed on as many machines as you want, but it can only be physically used one machine at a time.

I would think if your guys wanted to remote in to that computer from home, and the software is on one computer, then that is fine. I'm pretty sure the License is for 1 machine not one user. So I would think it is OK.

We use a combination of standalone and network licences and in simple terms a License file is saved to one computer and you can have as many installed copies as you like but it will only allow you to run a preset purchased No of copies it will then come up with an error message that "license file is not available".

Only problem we have is it doesnt tell you who is using them.

Not sure if network licence is available for LT.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, ask your reseller about a Roaming License of AutoCAD LT. The program can be installed on as many machines as you want, but it can only be physically used one machine at a time.

Thanks, sounds like a plan and I will look into it.:)