Annotative, attribute dynamic block cannot be edited

taiwanchu

Not sure if this has been posted already.

I have a block that is annotative, dynamic and has attribute properties. I copy it to another location but I cannot select it or edit it. I can see it. I regenerate the drawing and it still cannot be selected or edited. Any suggestions?

I think the variable ANNOTATIVEDWG specifies whether or not the inserted block will be seen as being annotative when placed into another drawing. I'm not 100% but give it a try and let us know what happens.

Make the setting = 1.

The ANNOTATIVEDWG specifies whether or not the drawing will behave as an annotative block when inserted into another drawing. ie, if you create a block but forget to set it to annotative when you write it out, you can go into that file and set it to act as annotative.

In older versions of autocad (Like my #2008) when messing around with annotative objects they turned "read-only" after the drawing was saved, then only the AUDIT command could bring them back to life. Don't know if they fixed that glitch in #2009, try running an AUDIT, maybe that helps.

NBC: this happens with many different blocks. No matter which block, if it is annotative and dynamic with an attribute, it becomes visible, but unselectable...until you save and close down autocad and reopen the drawing.

Kiztoff: we've run audits on the drawings, blocks, etc.

It seems localized to this one drawing. We may just have to rebuild it.

• 4 weeks later...