Slow Mouse CAD 2010, Win 7 (x64)

smplyanne

I posted this as a reply to another thread, but I thought I should put it in general questions too.

My mouse is moving super slow only when inside autocad. It is at normal speed in all other programs (including max), and when hovering over the tool bars- but over the drawing area, it's in mega-delay. It's ruining my life.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have the latest drivers to my mouse, and I am running 16 bit color in the display (as i saw somewhere that that may help).

thank you.

My graphics card is NVIDIA 9600 GT.

Also - not that this should make any difference, but I am running Win 7 on a new intel mac- thru bootcamp only, with a partition HD.

Yes- everything else (3Ds, Photoshop, Illustrator, internet) all seem to be running fine. Tho my Adobe programs are only x32. 3Ds is x64.

It's crazy!

I adjusted the NVIDIA control panel toggle to optimize for performance over quality, and that helped a little, in that now sometimes it's slow, and sometimes not.

This also only happens when I am 3d modeling, not if I am working on a 2D drawing.

MacBook Pro, 15"

Intel® Core 2 Duo CPU T9550 @2.66 GHz

4GB Ram

320 HD

NVIDIA GeForce 9600 M GT, with 512 dedicated video ram

I just bought it in Spring of '09, there has only been 1 upgrade to the mac's since then, which mainly had to do with battery life.

• 4 months later...

Have you been able to resolve this? I have the same issue, 17 Macbook Pro running Windows 7 Ultimate. Anytime the cursor is in the working area of Autocad, the mouse cursor is erratic. This is the only program that this occurs.

i am also wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem? for me, i am running autocad 2010 x64 on x64 windows xp. the IT guys at work and all the other CAD staff have no idea as to what the problem is or how to fix it. i realise my issue is not with win7, but it sounds like the same thing.

my basic computer specs are:

core 2 duo 3.16ghz (e8500)

nvidia quadro fx4600 with 768mb

8gb ram

2x 250gb hdd

the slow down of the mouse only occurs when the pick point hovers over the drawing, if i zoom out the mouse is not laggy at all in the black spaces.

i can at the same time run revit 2010 x64 on my 2nd screen with a fairly complex model loaded and it will not slow down the mouse at all, its only when hovering over 2d autocad drawings.

the 2nd hard drive in the computer runs 32 bit windows xp for those 'just in case' situations. i never thought i'd need it, but i've switched back to 32 bit running autocad 2008 and i have no issues in the same drawing, it runs flawlessly as it should.

not being the kind of person that expects things to be answered for me all the time, i played around more and i figured it out - its that pesky tooltip that pops up when hovering over the drawing. its the only thing i could figure out that was different between autocad 2008 and 2010 as far as the display went.

autocad now runs as expected.

for those that don't know where the setting is, in options under the display tab, uncheck 'show extended tooltips' in the window elements section.

• 5 months later...

Its an autocad compatibility problem there's 2 way to solve this and both are simple u either have to change ur display settings to 16bits instead of 32 or u can just right click on the application shortcut>properties>compatibility>check the run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows xp service pack 2

i hope this will solve ur problem

• 1 year later...

Windows 7 pro 64 bit, autocad 2010, mouse cursor jerky when using copy, move, etc...

I had tried everything I read on the net to fix the "jerky mouse cursor" problem.

The one thing that would fix this was turning off Aero themes in windows but

I didn't like the look of it...... was like going back to Windows 95.

I then found another fix that not only let me use areo themes, but fixed the problem even better. Enable Hardware Acceleration (see link below)

Link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14898223&linkID=9240617

• 3 weeks later...
Windows 7 pro 64 bit, autocad 2010, mouse cursor jerky when using copy, move, etc...

I had tried everything I read on the net to fix the "jerky mouse cursor" problem.

The one thing that would fix this was turning off Aero themes in windows but

I didn't like the look of it...... was like going back to Windows 95.

I then found another fix that not only let me use areo themes, but fixed the problem even better. Enable Hardware Acceleration (see link below)

Link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14898223&linkID=9240617

THANK YOU! This also works in AutoCAD 2012 Student. You saved me quite a headache!