Point File Station Offset

JeStoneIV

Is there any way (short of writing a lisp routine) that I can bring in a point file using Alignment Station and Offset? I tried making a script but am unsure how to get user input without the script being interrupted. Is this possible?

Well, I found one way is to execute the Create Point using Station and Offset and just place all of the information into a script file. It worked for two points, I'm about to try hundreds.

Is your route along the intended centerline of a road that has straight portions and curved sections in it?

Problem that I once found was that Acad was to accurate in that for our field crews a line was a line with relatively minor elevation differernces. Instead Acad thoguht it was GOD's inforation and established numerous odd-ball stations along one cross-section.

May be simpler to go in and insert numbers for each section via hand than via Autocad.

Wm.

• 4 years later...

i have an alignment which have straight and curve portion too . Can i draw perpendicular offset from every point of that alignment to left side or right side to a fixed distance even in curve portion (say 50 m from alignment to left and right side)and get the coordinates of those points in excel by lisp.can anyone help me in that case.i am searching a lot but not getting any help.