Dynamic block name - Visibility states

W3D

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to auto-update the name/description of a dynamic block based on its visibility state?

Anyone know if this is this possible?

• 2 weeks later...

do you mean.....

you have a table with 3 views, front, end and top. You want to query table|top or table|side?

If so, I don't think so directly. There may be work arounds but I haven't tried it.

I have a dynamic block with visibility states for different electrical symbols. The block has property sets assigned to it which allows manual data input. (voltages, energy etc...)

I am using a multi-view block as a custom table to tag the block and display it's properties.

This works perfectly, but property set definitions can also automatically input values based on the blocks parameters. (block location, block name etc...) We already have some of these values set up to automate input, but I can't find an option for the visibility state of the block.

The symbols in the dynamic block represent electrical fittings; so the tag/table on the drawing needs to include the type of fitting we have shown.

I was hoping it would be possible to automatically input the name of the visibility state as a property of the block so that I don't have to manually input the type of fitting.

(we're currently picking the fitting type from a drop-down list)

You can certainly "push" a value into the block programatically but I can't find how to do it automatically. I thought you may be able to use a field object but I can't get that to work either. However I am using plain AutoCAD so maybe Architecture exposes some processes not available to me (until after I've domne my electrical training).