Problem with connect 2 circles

nikitas350

I have the attached image to do in autocad:

but i can't figure a way how to connect the circles in order to make the out line. When i use fillet, the line goes from the wrong side. Note that the two little circles have (both of them) radius 14.

Thanks in advance.....

autocad.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• nikitas350

• nukecad

• BearDyugin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you mean by "connect the circles"? The two "little" circles are not connected to anything.

Lines may be "joined" to create polylines. Arcs can be joined to lines as well.

"have (both of them) radius 14. "

You mean 140?

Draw The 2-40R's as circles first and use Cirle Tan Tan command to draw the 140R.

Afterwards you can do a trim.

From the centre of the rad 40 draw a circle of rad 180 (40+140) from the centre of the rad 28 draw a circle of rad 168 (28+140) where these two circles intersect is the centre of the rad 140.

From the centre of the rad 40 draw a circle of rad 180 (40+140) from the centre of the rad 28 draw a circle of rad 168 (28+140) where these two circles intersect is the centre of the rad 140.

Using this method, the arc is designed by the wrong side.

edit:

Mathematically i think that the problem can not be solved...

Mathmetically the problem has one flaw. The radius of 185 is incorrect. Other than that the problem can be solved using AutoCAD. Note that the circle command with the TTR option does work as that is what I used to draw the image shown below.

ConnectCircles.jpg

Mathmetically the problem has one flaw. The radius of 185 is incorrect. Other than that the problem can be solved using AutoCAD. Note that the circle command with the TTR option does work as that is what I used to draw the image shown below.

How did you do this? I draw all the circles expect of the 185 and 110 which i can't draw...

I scaled image by the linear size 110, and have simply depicted all circles, often used circle construction by three points, look that has turned out

9ca77819627d.jpg

GeoBuilder: I found that only one radius had to be changed. It looks like you have changed almost all of the radii. I don't think that was necessary. You're "scaling" based on the 110 measurement may have thrown things off.

Nikitas350:

The 140R can be drawn using the Circle command with the TTR option. You just have to be careful picking you tangent points otherwise the circle will be flipped to the other side as you found out and mentioned in an earlier post.

I believe the second circle should have a radius of 128. ALL other radii are correct in my opinion.

ReMark, I am absolute do not confirm... I have only put down the sizes under the image. But certainly 20 and 21 or 28 and 29 still as that can be drawn, and here is how 40 and 37 or 85 and 75? Why these neglect, but 185 it not to be pleasant?

185 is absolutely wrong. As to the other radii I stand by my assertion that by scaling it the way you did the values are incorrect for the problem nikita has before him.

Remember that he has to submit this to his teacher. It is easier to justify one wrong radius than it would be to justify changing almost all of them based on "scaling" off the 110 dimension. He has to be able to convince his teacher that his approach is sound. He does not have to convince us.

ReMark, could I be so bold as to query your unilateral statement that the radius of 185 is wrong?

The figure can be drawn with that radius. Whether it is good manufacturing practice is going beyond what was asked.

eldon: You may query my statement as much as you like. :)

I drew it with the 185R to begin with and it did not come out looking like the original image. It was far enough off to be noticeable. I do agree with your statement that it can be drawn that way if one wants to but I think it would be wrong to do so. Just my humble opinion. The OP should draw it more than one way and compare the results. Then he should decide for himself what he will submit to his teacher.

BTW...we had, back about six weeks ago, another "problem" submitted to this forum that JDM found a dimensional error in and previous to that there were two more problems teachers had given their students that had dimensional errors as well. I don't know why that is although I do have a theory.