Error while trying to install

BrettBuller

Hi all

I am trying to install my copy of AutoCad but I am getting a error at setup.

I have tried googling, and reading other forums, although I cant seem to find anything on this error.

I have made sure that my NET framework is up to date. I am running XP x32

I have internet explorer 6.0 with service pack 3 and that is more than enough according to the install requirments PDF.

"Cannot update system component now. Please reboot machine and try again."

I have rebooted and tried again, any help?

untitled.jpg

Welcome to the forums Brett! Where are you posting from?

Your dilemma is something, thank goodness, I haven't experienced.

Hopefully ReMark or other forum members will check in and reply tomorrow.

I do intend to keep an eye on your post. Will be a learning experience for me too.

Sorry.

Perhaps you can abort the install. Then open and browse the CD for the install.exe file.

Launch install from the CD. Be sure to install the XP 32 bit version. I believe both 32 and 64 bit programs are on the installation CD's.

"If you try to install AutoCAD (or LT, AutoCAD Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) on Windows 7 64-bit, Vista 64 or Windows XP x64, you may get a message saying that your 32-bit AutoCAD is not compatible with this 64-bit operating system.

Just install the right version of AutoCAD. Make sure you are installing the 64bit version of AutoCAD included on your official installation media (some versions have a separate setup.exe in the x64 folder on the DVD). Most AutoCAD-based CAD products (since 2008) are distributed in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. These 64-bit versions are officially supported in XP x64, Vista 64 (since 2008) and Windows 7 (since 2010)."