how to draw this.. pls help me..

chaarr

i have 2 questions in autocad.

• once the drawing is done, is there a way to tell which units were used to draw that drawing? how to find the units of autocad drawing.(format->units.. tells only units to scale inserted content..)

• please tell me how to draw a 2 inch* 2 inch squre in a 1m * 1m squre.

please help me. i really appreciate your help..

when you type units, it tell you what units are you using. On your second problem, convert 2" to milimeters or meters. Then you can do the rest. :D

In the units box you can see what the user set as the units in the drawing. But the user can in fact draw in any unit he wants anyway. So the only way to really know what units is used, you have to ask the original user.

Depending on what you are drawing, you can use the DIST command to measure in the drawing and that way get what units are used. For example, if I have a drawing of a interior plan with door openings, that is an easy object to measure since it's most often a standard measurement.

second question I don't understand what the question is - please elaborate.

Oh, and don't post your question more than once, I have removed the surplus thread.

that was fast.. thanks guys for helping me out.. But i m still having the problem.

• in the first question, i drew a 10*10 squre with milimeters selected in the units box, and in a new drawing i drew another 10*10 squre with inches selected in the units box. now if i select and drag one squre into the other drawing, both squres are of same size! how to avoid this? (squre drawn in inches must be big)
  • my second question was, is there a method to use 2 types of units ( inches and meters) in the same drawing? (without manually calculating the length using scale factors.) (because im recieving mesurements in various units, conversion between imperial and metric manually is tedious)

Tiger ...sorry about reposting. thanks once again guys....

to answer your second question first - no you can't have two different types of units in the same drawing. And that also explains wht you are not getting the hoped for results in your first question.

easy answer, No.

There are ways around it though, one way would be to draw everything in meters in one drawing and draw everything in inches in one drawing. If you set the units correctly, then use the Insert Block options you will be able to get AutoCAD to convert inches to meters or vice versa for you.

Then again, to multiply by 25.4 (correct thanks to Dave :) ) is not that hard.

Then again, to multiply by 23.4 (don't trust this number, don't have time to find the real one though :( ) is not that hard.

you're a mod Tiger. delete mine and edit your reply if you like