Text problem with Autocad 2008

Miguel

I have recently created some template drawings for my father to use.

Set up drawing sheets with Title panel, logo etc.

I have used Autocad 2008 to create these.

My father is using Autocad 2006.

When he opens the drawings the text properties seemed to have changed and now text does not fit so well.

The font has changed and text does not fit.

Which is a disaster as far as a title panel is concerned. The text and how it looks is an important part of the design.

Has anyone come accross this problem and can you help??

This may not be a problem with Autocad as such, more a problem with the computers fonts. If the font you used is not within the other computers folder on the C:/ drive, it can not be loaded in to CAD to be used. It will then just seek a standard font to replace it instead.

If this does not solve the problem, please let us know and we will look at other avenues to attempt to help.

Chris.

Get the font to your father and install in both the ACAD font folder and, might be a good idea to copy the file into the Windows font folder also.

Font files are usually small.

I've received drawings from outside sources, print looked awful 'cause I didn't have the font, the font substitute was out of whack.

Why not use a Windows font or a font supplied with ACAD?

Jacko, I was watching when Joe Theissman's leg snapped. Ouch!

To be honest Tank, I wouldn't know Joe Theissman if I bumped into him, I'm more of a proper football fan, you know, the English one ;-)

I just read that quote somewhere and have never forgot it, brilliant, just brilliant.