Prefer text in panels, no icon

drwhite

OK, OK, I know everybody is going to hate me for this, but I am removing the icons from my commands on the ribbon. I prefer simple, English, text. I can't make the pretty button icons like AutoDesk does, and it seems that they won't let us anyway. So not being an Egyptian, I prefer to have just text. My question: Other than double clicking on the image file name and selecting "cut", then having to confirm "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", IS THERE ANY OTHER QUICK WAY DO AWAY WITH THE ICON IMAGE?

Having used AutoCAD 2010 for a while now, I have decided I like my old menu look. I really like the ribbon, it's easy and quick to edit. I just don't want the icons anymore. Is there any way quicker than double clicking the image file name and selecting "cut" and then having to confirm that "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Is there some quicker way to do away with the icon button image?

I'm not totally sure I understand what you want, but with caution to the wind, and if we're on the same page,.... to the right of your expresstools, there is a down arrow looking button, two clicks to it will do quite a minimizing to the ribbon, followed by changing your "menubar" variable from "0" to "1"...... If we're anywhere on the same page that is..

Here's a comparison set of pictures of my screen. I just want to do away with the icons next to the text in the ribbon menu. On the left is the look with icons, on the right is how I wanted the command to look without icons or buttons

regribbon look.jpg

myribbon look.jpg

AutoCAD does allow the user to create custom icons. If you have read of any Michael Beall's columns (Michael's Corner) you would see that this is true.

Just follow the advice given in your other thread. This is why we frown upon double posting.

Make one little mistake, one little mistake, like clicking the post button versus the edit button and bingo, there your are with a double post. My, my, my, I am a scoundrel. I apologize, sincerely, I shan't do again ifin I can help it. Let's just all get along can we?

I like the ribbon. I like it's position on the screen. It's my muck and if it's a hassle, well, I'll just put up with it. I've got all my ribbon done now. I did however discover in the meantime a program, for a couple bucks, called IconEdit2. I can make 32 bit icons in bmp, or png format. Beautifully shaded edges, just like AutoDesk, and they work in the program, can you believe that?

Make one little mistake, one little mistake, like clicking the post button versus the edit button and bingo, there your are with a double post. My, my, my, I am a scoundrel. I apologize, sincerely, I shan't do again ifin I can help it. Let's just all get along can we?

And the threads are now merged :thumbsup: