Confused on making a simple circle

SFG13

Hi,

I'm a beginner and having trouble making a simple circle drawing. I dragged the cursor down the bottom right to make one and at the bottom it says to "Specify radius of circle or [Diameter] ." I entered 3.13 and it said "Unknown command "3.22". Press F1 for help." I don't understand or must be doing something wrong? Can anyone help me? :(If possible, thanks.

I don't follow "dragged the cursor down the bottom right"..

From the message it sounds like the command stopped (did you hit "enter" first?) so when you type 3.13/3.22 it was expecting a new command.

Are you getting prompts on the screen near your cursor or only at the bottom/command line?

There is no "dragging the cursor". One clicks on the icon for the command then proceeds to the drawing area. Look at your command line too for AutoCAD prompts. The first prompt is "Specify center point for circle..." Pick a point on your screen. The second prompt is "Specify radius of circle or diameter." Type a number and then press the Enter key.

Hi ReMark,

Actually it didn't say the first prompt you mentioned, it just said "Specify radius of circle or diameter" as the only one. I try to type in a number and no matter what it will say "Unknown command." I mean I drew the circle and still the same response. I don't get it.

I have a difficult time believing that you do not get the first prompt as it is hard coded into the program. Maybe you don't see it because you anticipate it by immediately picking the center point of the circle after selecting the command.

Have you been trying your hand at customization?

I'm not following too well.

To create a circle,

1. On the Draw menu, click Circle Center, Radius or Center, Diameter.
  2. Specify the center point.
  3. Specify the radius or diameter.
  4. Or, on the command line "CIRCLE"

Out of curiosity, did you work it out? :?

Yes I'm a dumb idiot. I didn't realize the first time that I'm not supposed to move the cursor, but by simply keying in the numbers to make the circle and center. Duh!! :D Though I really appreciate the help from you guys. Thanks alot! :)

Slow and easy wins the race. You'll get there in time. As the joke goes...

Q: How do you get to Carnegie Hall?

A: Practice, practice, practice.

The same can be said for getting "good" with AutoCAD.