why this block can't be exploded?

I have autocad plan its axes made as block reference its name written as (*+blockname) which name didn't appear in block editor

and can't be opened in block editor but only attribute definition I search this problem and find something about autocad bugs

could any one help me in this problem?

I will be very grateful to all of you

block can't be exploded.dwg

When you create a block it gives you an option to allow exploding. Maybe this was not checked when the block was made.

If you want the exploded objects, go into the block editor and copy the items and place them into a new drawing.

When you create a block it gives you an option to allow exploding. Maybe this was not checked when the block was made.

If you want the exploded objects, go into the block editor and copy the items and place them into a new drawing.

I know this option but what make me crazy that the block name didn't appear in the drop down list which show all blocks names

thank you for your reply

an anonymous block. They are a bit tricky. I don't have time to search so I'll let you. Search this forum on anonymous blocks and you will find lots of advice. I can't remember if they can be manipulated or not thoough...

an anonymous block. They are a bit tricky. I don't have time to search so I'll let you. Search this forum on anonymous blocks and you will find lots of advice. I can't remember if they can be manipulated or not thoough...

thank you very match for your reply I will try this anonymous blocks and tell you the result

Having downloaded your drawing and tried Explode, I am puzzled by the thread title, because the object exploded without any bother.

What am I missing :huh:

Having downloaded your drawing and tried Explode, I am puzzled by the thread title, because the object exploded without any bother.

What am I missing :huh:

a new version of AutoCAD? :D I couldn't explode it here.

Since the block's single attribute can be editted why is it necessary to explode the block?

that's a different question and one I didn't think of asking :D

OK Dave, OK.

I'm uninstalling 2010 and reinstalling 2005 since I was unable, by normal means, to explode what appears to be an anonymous block (*U1). It did not show up when using the BEDIT or BLOCK commands. So I did the next best thing. I searched for and found a lisp routine that renamed the anonymous block from *U1 to Temp1 and then I was able to explode it and I also was able to edit it using the BEDIT command.

So there. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.:lol:

I found the solution of this problem in a link that I can't attached due to no. of posts less than 9

this done by using autolisp

and its content

Anonymous Blocks in AutoCAD

From Draftsperson.net

Written By Allan using AutoCAD 2004

"AutoCAD uses anonymous blocks for supporting hatch patterns and dimensions. These types of blocks are also created using AutoLISP or similar means, but cannot be intentionally created in the drawing editor. Also, anonymous blocks cannot be modified using AutoCAD editing commands." -

What are the Types

*U### = anonymous blocks

*E### = anonymous non-uniformly scaled blocks

*X### = anonymous hatches

*D### = anonymous dimensions

*A### = anonymous groups

Converting Anonymous Blocks to Normal Blocks

For the the purpose of this discussion the block in question is named *U105.

1. RENAME *U105 to U105 (still an anonymous block, but now will appear in the BLOCKREPLACE drop down box)

2. Create a matching block to replace U105. We will call this block COLUMN

3. Use BLOCKREPLACE to replace U105 with COLUMN

Exploding Anonymous Blocks

*U### uniformly scaled blocks can be exploded with the EXPLODE command.

"When nonuniformly scaled blocks contain objects that cannot be exploded, they are collected into an anonymous block (named with a "*E" prefix) and referenced with the nonuniform scaling. If all the objects in such a block cannot be exploded, the selected block reference will not be exploded. Body, 3D Solid, and Region entities in a nonuniformly scaled block cannot be exploded." - AutoCAD 2004 Help File

LISP Routine for Converting Anonymous Blocks to Normal Blocks

this lisp solve the problem

Unanon.lsp