Draw order

MisterJingles

Hi guys

When I set the draw order of certain object to back or front, most of the time it changes itself back next time I check.

Why would it do this and is there any way I can ensure the order stays as I have set it as I find myself doing it over and over again?

Thanks

Rob

Maybe it has something to do with the 'Z' value or elevation of the objects?

Also....

In options under drafting there a box at bottom left :

Replace Z Value With Current Elevation

When un-ticked everything seems to be set at the same Z value

Its caused me a few problems in the past when filleting & things - might be worth a look.

Stevie - I use LT mate, thanks for rubbing it in ;)

C P T - The Z value if the object I need to remain at the back is set to 0 already.

This I found in Properties, the check box in the bottom left corner of the Drafting tab does not show in mine (LT again?)

Regards

Not sure if this applies with LT2010 but is it getting re-sorted by a regen or redraw?

SORTENTS variable and/or the OPTIONS > USER PREFERENCES dialogue control the object sorting.

NUKECAD - I regen this drawing often, perhaps this is messing up the draw order as you say. I will try your suggestion and report back.

Thanks

Draworder has not been reliable for hatches & blocks. But what works to bring objects to the front is to copy objects over themselves (0 displacement), then delete "previous" (the original objects).