Command: _qsave Unable to transmit selected drawing file.

The Courage Dog

hi, when i save some drawings, this the message below is appearing.

Command: _qsave Unable to transmit selected drawing file.

eventhough the drawing is saving, this message is annoying, how can i get this off? Will it be because the drawing is in the SHEET SET file?

Thanks in advance for any help.

And now everything is OK?

you mean that is normal? i mean nothingn wrong with my autocad?

The drawing is saving, it's only annoying that message is appearing eveytime i save the drawing. thanks.

No, that is not normal. I thought...nevermind.

AutoCAD is giving you this message because you changed the location of your bak files. Normally, AutoCAD wants to put bak files in the same folder as your dwg files are located in. Where do you store your drawing files? Why did you make the change?

No, that is not normal. I thought...nevermind.

AutoCAD is giving you this message because you changed the location of your bak files. Normally, AutoCAD wants to put bak files in the same folder as your dwg files are located in. Where do you store your drawing files? Why did you make the change?

our working drawings are located at the server, to avoid server congestion i decided to move .bak drawings to c:\drive for all cad machines.

Well there you go. The wound was self-inflicted.

To avoid server conjestion I suggest you consider deleting bak files on a schedule that meets your needs.

Well there you go. The wound was self-inflicted.

To avoid server conjestion I suggest you consider deleting bak files on a schedule that meets your needs.

If i keep it on this way will it affect our drawings or will there be a problem when we e-transmit drawings? What is your suggestions?

Do you have any lisp that can set the time & date to automatically delete .bak drawings?

I can't think of any reason why keeping your bak files other than where AutoCAD expects them to be for your drawing files to be corrupted nor do I think it will affect your ability to e-transmit the drawings.

There are a couple of ways to auto-delete bak files. But first, how far back, date-wise do these files go? How many have you generated so far? How many do you think would be generated in a week? How much space is available on the network drive for dwg and bak files? How full is it now?