Copying from one layout into another, paper space

desertengr

OK team, beginner here and doing dumb things of course.

I have a drawing, lots of plotted site survey results. From previous experience (one prior project) I had trouble between model space and paper space, almost none doing detail drawings just in paper space.

So of course, I entered the main layout into a paper space layout. Lots of data entry, results of my field survey and also the project layout now entered too.

Now I want to copy that into a layout generated via 'layout wizard', same scale with the right border. How can I do this?

Or, can I do this?

What I'm trying to do, is copy part of the layout into another layout - generated via 'layoutwizard' - that has the border I want to use.

It would help to keep the same origin point in the SW corner, but not essential.

It seems that this shouldn't be so difficult. I've tried every option of copying and pasting that I can find. If there's a solution it lies elsewhere than the obvious.

I'm beginning to think this is typical of AutoCAD.

What I'm trying to do, is copy part of the layout into another layout - generated via 'layoutwizard' - that has the border I want to use.

It would help to keep the same origin point in the SW corner, but not essential.

It seems that this shouldn't be so difficult. I've tried every option of copying and pasting that I can find. If there's a solution it lies elsewhere than the obvious.

I'm beginning to think this is typical of AutoCAD.

use copy with basepoint and place it all in the same place. use your base point as your insertion point in the other layout