Mirror Modifier

tahseen

Hi! All,

I have been a Blender3D user and recently have started trying out 3DS Max.

In Blender3D when I use Mirror modifier, I can see the mirror image of the object even while editing. But in Max am not able to see the sawe way. Is it possible to see the same while am editing the object?

Also in Blender3D, I could snap the symmetry axis to the edge such that the mirror image is touching the object properly to create a seamless joint. But in Max again even after trying edge snap, my mirror image is not touching exactly with the object's end.

Please help in regard to the same.

In Blender3D when I use Mirror modifier, I can see the mirror image of the object even while editing. But in Max am not able to see the sawe way. Is it possible to see the same while am editing the object?

I don't use the Mirror modifier, I like the Symmetry modifier better.

There are little buttons underneath the modifier stack window. One of them says "Show End Result On/Off Toggle". Use that and you will be able to see both halves of your model while working.

Also in Blender3D, I could snap the symmetry axis to the edge such that the mirror image is touching the object properly to create a seamless joint. But in Max again even after trying edge snap, my mirror image is not touching exactly with the object's end.

You need to move the objects pivot point to the snap point where you want the mirroring to occur. You can do that by using the controls in the "Hierarchy" rollout menu's.

Cad64,

Thanks for the modifier part. That was a great help.

On the mirror axis snapping, it works fine if I am using normal mirror. But when I use Mirror Modifier, I am not able to snap the mirror modifier axis to the edge of the object.

Also when I do the NURMS, the point of symmetry gets parted away