Mesh modeling?

Gmhall

I do well with solid modeling to a point but I think its time to learn some new ways to make complex shapes. I just started reading up on mesh modeling but to be honest, I have not found enough info to get me going in the right direction. The kind of parts I wish to model are somewhat complex in shape like the cowl from an airplane or even a whole fuselage. Could anyone point me in the right direction to getting started with mesh modeling? I have watched all the videos i could find on the subject but again, I need more info. Like how do I conform a mesh object to a set profile? Any help of info on this would be great.

Thanks

Mike

Here are some 3D models I have created but they need finishing touches of cowls and fairings to be complete.

UltimatebipeRCModel.jpg

SU-31RCmodelairframe.jpg

PittsS2RCmodelairframe.jpg

Have you seen the AU classes on Mesh modeling? Try signing up at http://au.autodesk.com and see if you can gain access to the online classes. (and let me know if you can - many people paid to see these classes but I have heard from others that anyone can now see them)