Can't make linetypes show on screen

Kharnivour

Hello,

I mainly use AutoCad for 3D drawings and so my linetypes are usually just solid. But ever since I got Acad 2002, I cannot, for example, make a dashed line. The computer acknowledges that I made the line, but will not display it on the screen. The newly made linetype shows up as a solid line.

I have searched on the internet and was presented with a great range of variables and settings that I should adjust. None of them seemed to work (or the better answer is that I may not have known how to adjust them correctly)

Thanks for any time and interest you might donate.

You may need to adjust the LineType Scale (or LTSCALE) to some higher number than you are using. If all you see on the Monitor is solid continuous lines then for instance on a Paperspace drawing, the gaps are too close together on a centerline and appearing as one. If you do a very tiny ZOOM in, then maybe able to see the gaps. Zoom out and see none.

Wm.

Guys, just had a killer time making this work and found something out that you all need to know if you are a newbie like me.

I work with house plans in autocad 2010. To make my line types show in paper source, I have to double click on the viewport and set the scale correctly (1/4 = 1'). Once I have done that, I need to 'regen' the dwg. Now I double click off the viewport, and zoom in like that. You will see the lines as it will print on the printer.

If you change the scale of the viewport and regen there, it will totally mess up your lines.