Drawing 3D-tunnel with pipes

CADisEVIL

I have a drawing due tomorrow and I cannot get it finished. I need to draw a tunnel that looks like this:

l l

l____________________________________l

The dashes are walls and the line is the floor, it's 10'Wx8'H

How do I make that in 3D and also create pipes in 3D that run from one end to the other?

:unsure:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADisEVIL

• ReMark

• todouble22

• Tiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Solids can be created with the extrude, loft, sweep and press/pull commands. Each has its advantages.

Ex. - A circle denoting a pipe could be "swept" along a line representing the pipe's centerline.

Ex. - A 2D rectangle (polyline) could be extruded to represent a concrete pump base.

Check your User's Guide or AutoCAD Help files for further information.

Two examples of using SWEEP.

The red colored example uses a simple circle. When swept along the line the result is a bar. The green colored example uses a region comprised of two circles. The inner circle was subtracted (a solids editting command) from the outer circle to create the "donut". This was swept along the line shown giving us the resultant pipe.

Sweep examples.jpg

I have pipes like that, now how can I get them into my tunnel? I have the floor laid out for the tunnel, the pipes need to be on top of each other and when I align them, they just blend into each other. I can't get them to line up in the tunnel either.

Do you have any reference points to work from? Maybe the inside corner of the tunnel perhaps? Remember you may have to change the orientation of your UCS to accomplish some tasks.

if you're using 3d the best option is to set up your ucs. you could set up 4 equal vports and set it up to 3d. I'd move the corner of your wall to 0,0 and set your ucs there and then you can move the pipes from the center of them to the desired placement. to do it on the command line type ucs and then 3p , which is for 3 points and follow the command line prompts.

are you drawing the wall as a rectangle and extruding it? do the same with the circle for the pipes whatever dimensions they are. you could draw a line from the corner of any wall where the pipes need to be placed like for instance they need to be midway between a four inch wall and down 8 inches.

I believe I asked you if you had any reference points to work from. Well?

You know what would help? If you knew how far up and to the right of the lower left hand corner the pipes have to go. Are the pipes stacked one over the other? Maybe you should switch to a 2D wireframe view.